About IFS Academy & Course
FS Academy is a premier training institute in Pune offering GD&T Training. Geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T) is used as a symbolic way of showing specific tolerances on drawings. GD&T is a valuable tool that effectively communicates the design intent to manufacturing and inspection. It is governed by the technical standard ASME Y14.5M-2009. This course introduces participants to the GD&T system, providing a working knowledge of the correct interpretation and application of each symbol, general rules, the datum system, and ‘bonus’ tolerance and highlighting some of the changes in the updated Y14.5 standard. The material is reinforced with many practice exercises.
By participating in this training program, you will be able to:
- Create Part drawing without any ambiguity for Design, Manufacturing and Inspection
- Explain the benefits of geometric tolerancing
- Identify datum features and determine their order of precedence
- Apply, Read and Interpret each of the characteristic symbols
- Describe the material condition modifiers and how “bonus” tolerance occurs
- Correctly interpret GD&T feature control frames, and explain the impact on manufacturing and inspection
- Release good quality of Design
- Introduction of GD&T (Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing)
- Ambiguity & Shortcomings of Co-ordinate Measuring System
- Benefits of Circular tolerance zone over Square tolerance zone
- Size limits, Hole base System, Fits
- Basics of GD&T terminology e.g. MMC. LMC. RFS, Bonus Tolerance, VCB, RFS, Control Frame
- Datums (Primary, Secondary, Tertiary), Simultaneous datums, 3-2-1 Principle
- Definition of 14 basic GD&T symbols (Interpretation, Application and Inspection)
- Form Controls (Straightness, Flatness, Circularity, Cylindricity)
- Profile Controls (Line Profile, Surface Profile)
- Orientation Controls (Angularity, Perpendicularity, Parallelism)
- Location Controls (Position, Concentricity, Symmetry)
- Runout Controls (Circular Runout/ Face Runout, Total Runout/ Total Face Runout)
- Projected Tolerance Zone
- Composite Frames for Cluster Holes
- Positional Tolerance for Fixed and Floating Fasteners
- Design of Functional Gages
- Tutorials to understand concepts, Specific problems, Case Study or query resolution.
- Brief on Y 14.5 2009 Standard over 1994
Who should Attend?
This course is ideal for anyone who has a need to apply or interpret geometric tolerances on a product print. Product engineers, manufacturing engineers, CAD designers, quality inspectors, and other engineering and manufacturing personnel will all benefit from a better understanding of design requirements; improved communication with customers and suppliers; and improving designs by taking advantage of bonus tolerance and other GD&T benefits. The course is mandatory for Diploma / BE Mechanical / Production / Automobile Engineering fresh students for clearing the technical test and interview for the post of Design Engineer or CAD Engineer.
- Students should bring their scientific calculators to the class
- Participants may bring drawings to class for discussion.
- Academic Qualification: B.E. (Mechanical Engg.), V.J.T.I , Mumbai University
- Industry Working Professional with 30 plus years of an experience in reputed Automobile and Construction Equipment Industry in following areas.
- Hard core experience in Process Engineering (Tool design, Process Planning, Machine selection, Functional Gage design and Process Improvements)
- Expert Trainer in GD&T, New Product Development, PPAP, Process FMEA and Problem-solving techniques.
- Product Quality (Manufacturing and Field)
- Mentor for Process improvement projects taken for Yellow Belt and Black Belt certification.
- Worked as Management Representative to maintain Quality Management System (QMS) as per ISO 9001-2015 standard.
- Currently working as Freelance Consultant for Training, Audits and Process improvement Projects at Tier1 and Tier2 suppliers of OEM
Course fees should be paid 100% advance. Last date for paying the fees is Thursday, 13th June, 2019. Once fees is paid, you have to send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with following details.
- Name as per HSC
- Mobile No
- Email ID
- Educational Qualification
- Brief Work Experience
- Specific Training outcome which you are looking at. (We will share this information with our Faculty in advance.)
Payment Mode: To be paid 100% advance
Account: IFS Academy
Bank and Branch: Axis Bank Ltd., Kothrud Branch, Pune-411038
Account Number: 104010200009058
Account Type: Current
Branch Code: 000104
IFSC Code: UTIB0000104
RTGS Code: Same as above
MICR Code: 411211004
Name of the Student:
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us by emailing at email@example.com or calling +91-20-2543 0338