Schedule: 2nd, 3rd, 9th & 10th January, 2021
Last Date of Registration: Monday, 28th November, 2020
Bentley WaterCAD / WaterGEMS Online Training
Bentley’s Hydraulic and Hydrological (H&H) modeling tools offer geospatially integrated engineering modeling solutions for water and wastewater projects and act as a comprehensive engineering tool for design and analysis as a water project governance through the IT corridor. Application of H&H soft tools connect every facet of projects and simplifying the complex project workflow in an easier format to make informed decisions. Tools address today’s water project challenges with easy to use features in line with Indian CPHEEO guidelines and have the flexibility to incorporate local state advisory principles along with best practices.
H&H tools used for following key projects –
|Types of Water Supply Projects Software used: WaterGEMS|
|Urban water / Rural water supply projects|
|Intermittent water / 24×7 water scheme|
|Tentative/approximate cost of the projects|
|Expansion and rehabilitation of water distribution network|
Why Bentley’s Infrastructure Tools?
Bentley offers fully integrated tools, which have capabilities to render an end-to-end range of functionality across the entire lifecycle of a project.
- Designers and operators get a detailed picture of system behavior under various conditions before the system is being built and more accurately predict the way the system will react under various circumstances. It ultimately reduces disruption risks and improves system reliability in every stage of the project.
IFS Academy is Bentley Institute’s Authorised Product Training Partner and offers professional online training for users to master the capabilities on Hydraulic and Hydrology modeling tools and apply best practices to improve design skills, increase productivity, and enhance infrastructure project quality. This course will qualify participants to get acquitted with project modeling basics for project design and project operations.
- Enabled participants to understand the importance and uses of hydraulic simulation models and comprehend the essential concepts of modeling
- Introduce different engineering workflow in project development
- Demonstrate the utility of various forms of data from Geospatial to AutoCAD files (virtually any form of digital data) for projects
Brief Outline of training
This class begins with the basics of hydraulics theory, as it applies to water distribution modeling, then takes students through more advanced topics such as: working with multiple scenarios and alternatives; model creation; pump selection; steady-state analysis; extended-period simulation; fire flow analysis; identifying critical links or shortfalls within a water system; automating system calibration, design, model analysis, and Specific topics will include: developing system demands from geospatial data on land use or population, etc.; importing elevation data from digital elevation models; Students will become familiar with WaterCAD/WaterGems, sewercad sewergems online training and use the software to reinforce concepts with case studies or hands-on examples. As WaterCAD and WaterGEMS capabilities are the same throughout this course, users will gain an understanding of both software applications. Live training courses are very interactive. Students will continually engage with the instructor to ensure a successful learning outcome that includes a course assessment.
After completing this course, the user will be able to:
- Apply the basic principles of water distribution modeling;
- Gain essential knowledge for water system design, operation, and troubleshooting;
- Apply WaterCAD/WaterGEMS models to solve common water distribution system problems;
- Develop a deeper understanding of model creation and analysis using WaterCAD/WaterGEMS;
- Increase productivity by using automated approaches to complete common modeling tasks
- Basics of Hydraulics
- Overview of Water Distribution Design & Modeling
- Using Water Distribution Models
- Automated Building a Network using Model Builder
- Building a Network with Pumps, Tanks, and PRVs
- Assigning Values via Using Flex Tables
- Extracting elevation data using Trex
- Model Builder
- Load Builder
- Darwin Designer
- Pipe inventory and cost
- Extended Period Simulation
- Alternatives and Scenarios
- Building a Water Model
- Pump Selection
- Reviewing Results
About Online Training?
The training will be conducted online via Webex / Teamviewer or other available tools. Partcipants can interact with our Faculty live during the sessions.
How the online course work:
- Course dataset – You will get course instructions and data sets via email from institute with important instructions for the course, including the dataset link that will need to be downloaded and installed.
- Software Version – IFS Academy will send you 1 Month trial license code and the media files of WaterGEMS Software well in advance as soon as your registration is done.
- Communication – Participants can communicate with our Faculty thru mails as well as thru headphones. Using headphones, they can interact live with the Faculty.
- Online Training Setup – IFS Academy will share the online training setup link which needs to be installed on your personal Laptop before the commencement of the course.
- Layout – Though not required, dual monitors may provide you a more comfortable work environment during the course. i.e., Monitor 1-running the WaterGEMS Software & Monitor 2-showing the course manual PDF.
- Training contents and duration are subject to change as per participant’s interaction, inputs, requirements and their skills.
- We will provide Practice Examples Material in electronic format for the training classes only.
- We will provide Evaluation Copy of WaterGEMS s/w to each Training participants for their Workstation used during the training period.
Faculty is M.Tech. Water Resources Engineering from IIT, Bombay and having more than 10 years of varied experience including Planning, Design and Detailed Engineering, Implementation, Supervision of large / complex Water Supply /Sewerage/ Storm water projects. He has experience in Hydraulic aspects of Water Supply /Sewerage/ Storm water schemes (simple/complex) and have working experience in designing Headwork’s, Water treatment plant, pipelines, valves with their pressure ratings and locations, surge analysis, water hammer design etc. He is well versed with applicable software and latest national and international Codal provisions.
Software Expertise: WaterGEMS, SewerGEMS, EPANET, HEC-RAS, AutoCAD, Civil 3D, Navis Works, Arc GIS
Admission ProcedureCourse fees should be paid 100% advance. Last date for paying the fees is Wednesday, 18th November, 2020.
- Name as per HSC
- Mobile No
- Email ID
- Educational Qualification
- Brief Work Experience
- Specific Training outcome which you are looking at. (We will share this information with our Faculty in advance.)
Payment Mode: To be paid 100% advance
Account: IFS Academy
Bank and Branch: Axis Bank Ltd., Kothrud Branch, Pune-411038
Account Number: 104010200009058
Account Type: Current
Branch Code: 000104
IFSC Code: UTIB0000104
RTGS Code: Same as above
MICR Code: 411211004
Name of the Student:
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us by emailing at firstname.lastname@example.org or calling +91-9922440102 / 9822849628.