The Finite Element Method (FEM) is a numerical method for solving engineering problems. Many product companies uses commercial FEA (Finite Element Analysis) software’s during design stage of product lifecycle. Therefore, this course teaches you basic finite element analysis techniques for linear static, normal modes, and buckling analysis of structures using Nastran. Patran is used for pre and post processing whereas Nastran is used for solution. This course provides the foundation required for intermediate and advanced Nastran applications. This course will also cover analytical validation along with fundamentals of Theory of Finite Element Method.
- To learn about FEM and its wide variety applications.
- Solve 1D, 2D and 3D engineering problems using Patran and Nastran
- Comparison of Nastran solution with analytical solution
- Effectively use an Nastran tool for design and analysis
Background of FEA
- Introduction to FEA and its application
- Formulation of stiffness matrix and assembly of element matrix using direct stiffness method
- End-to-end demo of one example using Patran & Nastran
Overview of Patran & Nastran
Solution of structural problem using Patran & Nastran
- Patran overview Defining the analysis type Creating geometry Defining material and element properties Constraining the model Loading the model Meshing the model Model verification Generating input file and submitting run to Nastran
- Understanding of files generated during Preprocessing, Solution and Post Processing
- Anatomy of the MSC Nastran input file:Nastran statements, File management section, Executive control section, Case control section, Bulk data section
- Manually creating simple Nastran input file.Validating results using F06 file.
Overview of Element Types
Demonstration using hands-on and corresponding analytical validation
- 1D Elements – Formulation and usage of Bars and Beams
- 2D Elements – Formulation and usage of Membrane, Plates and Shells
- Types of meshing and meshing issues
- 3D Elements – Hex vs. Tet, the trade off Discussion on formulation of 3D elements
- Effect of type, shape, size and quality of mesh on solution
- Mesh Convergence and Error Estimation
- Rigid body connections Model containing different elements
Loads and Boundary Conditions (LBC’s)
- Constraints: Constraint methods, Real world BC’s vs FEA, Symmetry BC’s, etc.
- Loading Types: Real world loading versus FEA, Basic loading methods, Different loads, etc.
- Stress Singularities
Result and post processing
- Results visualization and animations User-derived results from MSC Nastran results Exporting Results
- Report generation
Different Analysis Types
- Linear static analysis, Normal modes analysis, Buckling analysis: Hands on with use case examples using Patran & Nastran
Faculty is MTech and PhD from IIT Bombay with industrial experience of 18 years in different industries such as Aerospace, Automotive, Oil & Gas, Nuclear and Biomedical Engineering. During his career he has worked on several CAD, FEA and CFD technologies. He has won several awards for his innovative works. He is thought leader and consultant for core engineering organizations.
Course fees should be paid 100% advance. Last date for paying the fees is Thursday, 15th February, 2018. Once fees is paid, you have to send us an email to email@example.com with following details.
- Name as per HSC
- Mobile No
- Email ID
- Educational Qualification
- Brief Work Experience
- Specific Training outcome which you are looking at. (We will share this information with our Faculty in advance.)
Payment Mode: To be paid 100% advance:
Account: IFS Academy
Bank and Branch: Axis Bank Ltd., Kothrud Branch, Pune-411038
Account Number: 104010200009058
Account Type: Current
Branch Code: 000104
IFSC Code: UTIB0000104
RTGS Code: Same as above
MICR Code: 411211004
Name of the Student:
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us by emailing at firstname.lastname@example.org or calling +91-20-6400 7296 / 2543 0338.